(1 Pet 3:15 NIV) Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
Remember that you are not out there to win an argument. Your aim is to win the soul. If you sense that your arguments are pushing him away, then back off. There will be another chance to witness to him.
Get to the root issue
The best way to conquer an objection is to ask why. Do not try to second-guess his reasons for not wanting to accept the gospel.
- Why is Christianity the only way? All religions are the same.
- Won’t good, moral, ethical people go to heaven
- I’ve always believed in God OR I go to church regularly
- I am a freethinker OR I have not given religion much thought
- I don’t think I need to make the choice at all
- Not prepared for the sacrifice
- How do I know that God exists?
- A loving God will not send someone to hell
- I don’t believe in the existence of hell
- If God is a loving God, why are there so much suffering in this world?
- Why should I go to church? There are so many hypocrites.